MSc Behavioral and Organizational Psychology
ALP Akademisches Lehrinstitut für Psychologie GmbH / MSc Behavioral and Organizational Psychology im Detail
The Master's program in Behavioral and Organizational Psychology is a one-year distance learning course offered in cooperation with the London Metropolitan University, which requires no attendance and can be started without a first degree (without a Bachelor's degree). It provides the basics of psychology, such as social psychology or industrial psychology, and deepens and expands existing knowledge. It is suitable for those who have already completed their first university degree and would like to develop further after several years of professional experience.
Main Programme Focus
The content and structure of the Master's programme support a practice-oriented understanding of Business Psychology. Starting from the introduction to the fundamentals about the programme, Business Psychology contents and competences are systematically imparted, whereby successive modules aim to analytically tie in with the knowledge acquired in the previous module so that they can be integrated for the understanding of the following module.
Depending on professional requirements and areas of responsibility, students develop a theoretical understanding and associated skills in the field of Business Psychology.
The content of the one-year Master's programme is based on the following seven focal points:
Foundations of Research in Business Psychology
• Basics of Scientific work, competence in methods
• Qualified literature research
• Critical handling of scientific publications
• Source work with APA-citation standards
• Strategy from the idea to the concept
• Surveys and evaluations
• Empirical studies (focused on qualitative research)
Psychology of the Individual: Personality and Intelligence
• Personality Traits and Temperament
• Abilities and Emotional Intelligence
• Occupational Ability and Performance Motivation
Basics of Business Psychology
• History and Contemporary Tracks of Business Psychology
• Career Pathways of Business Psychology
• Theories in Business Psychology
• Tools: Selection, Assessment, Psychological Testing in Organisations
Mental and physical Well-Being at Work
• Work Satisfaction, Job- Engagement and Performance
• Stress and Strain at Work
• Prevention and Interventions in healthy Organisations (i.e. Stress, Bullying)
Social Psychology: Interpersonal Relations and Group Dynamics
• Conflicts and conflict management
• Relationships at Work
• Group dynamics and teamwork
Managing People and Organisations
• Leadership: Theories, Style and Strategies of Leadership
• Motivation Theories and Motivation Techniques
• Project and process management
• Personnel development: Training and Support
• Organisational Culture: Socialisation, Fostering Corporate Identity
• Organisational Development and Change
First degree (at least Bachelor) from a recognised German or comparable other foreign university and at least one year of work experience
the equivalent of the first university degree is considered to be a completed, qualified vocational training and at least six years' relevant professional experience (of which at least one year must have management or project management experience).
In addition, the following additional specializations are welcome: knowledge in the field of psychology, (e.g. clinical psychology, social psychology, business psychology), leadership, coaching, systemic counselling, conversation skills.
All those interested, whether with or without a first degree, will have a 20-minute telephone conversation to check their suitability for this Master's programme. If you do not have a first university degree, you must take a written admission test and an entrance assessment by telephone.